Luke is serving in the Argentina Buenos Aires West Mission.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Luke's Letter Dated 27 Aug 2012

Hey Everyone, 

So today we have 1 month left!  It's hard to believe I've already been here that long.  Time flies!  

It seems like just yesterday I was leaving home.  Although I'm doing really good here, I miss home.  I miss my family, I miss my friends, I miss work, I miss the mountains, and I miss music!  We sing cadence while we march.  But it's just not the same as real music.  Some of the cadences are a ton of fun though!  When we get all 197 of us in the company sounding off together it sounds pretty sweet.  

But I'm also really happy I have the opportunity to be here, to learn new things, to help people to become a better person and to serve my country.  

I got made a squad leader today.  Basically I'm responsible for 18 people in my platoon.  I have to know where they are at all times and work out any problems they may have.  I have 2 team leaders to help me out with that but it's still a lot of work.  I also have to eat last.  Which really sucks.  I usually have 2-3 minutes to et. 

Can't wait to see you all. 

Luke 

No comments:

Post a Comment