Luke is serving in the Argentina Buenos Aires West Mission.

Monday, October 28, 2013

Luke's Letter Dated October 28, 2013

So this week has been... Interesting. It started out like any other week. Just normal. Until wednesday

I woke up to a little surprise. I woke up to not have a companion. BAD. 

Luckily I lived with other elders so I wasn't alone. But still BAD. I didn't have a companion. We didn't know where he was. REALLY BAD. After half a million phone calls and a really really long talk with the zone leaders. The President decided that I needed to pack up all my things and my companion's things and come to the office. 

As we got looking through my companion's things we found more and more clues about where he would have gone. Somehow he woke up in the middle of the night and packed a suitcase and just left. I don't even know how he did it. 

So I packed all my stuff and went to the office. I stayed in the office for three days. I now understand the phrase bored to death. It was bad. haha. It gave me a lot of time to think though. So that was good. 

We had a bunch of new missionaries coming in, so I was able to talk to them for a little while. That helped keep me sane. 

This weekend I went out with Elder Hazlett. (My comp in SLC) and wow. This mission has changed him. A lot! I love it. He has transformed for the better. Like crazy! I want that kind of transformation in my life. 

I want to have a sacred mission. I want to become a truly converted desciple of Jesus Christ. I want to return with honor. While I was in the apartment of Elder Hazlett I met a lot of missionaries. His apartment is kinda like the hotel for the mission. All the new missionaries and the ones going home stay there. 

I met one that was going home named Elder Morgan from Tennesee. I started talking to him. He seemed like I could trust him, so I told him everything that had happened. He helped me so much. I told him I was nervous for my interview with President. He gave me a hug and said don't you dare be nervous! 

Right before I went in to talk to President today. I saw Elder Morgan and he looked me in the eyes and told me to be an example. To be strong. And to always do what god wants me to. He helped me a ton through a really hard time! 

I talked with President this morning. We talked for a while. In the end he told me that we're just gonna move on and keep working. I love that man. He's awesome! 

I got my new companion today. Elder Hernandez from Columbia. He's a boss! We're in a place called Lujan. It's way different from my last area from what I've seen so far. We're on bikes too! haha. It rocks.

I love you all! 

Have a great week!!!

Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment