Luke is serving in the Argentina Buenos Aires West Mission.

Monday, October 27, 2014

Luke's Letter Dated October 20, 2014

Bueno, this week has been pretty good. It went by flying!! 
Yesterday was Mothers Day here in Argentina. So that was pretty good!! My companion and I went and visited a few members and investigators and wished them a happy mothers day! 

Other than that, I have been reading the Book of Mormon a lot this week! I finished Alma and I'm in Helamàn right now. It really surprised me that just a few years after some awesome guys were around like Moroni and Teancum, all the nephites fell into wickedness and forgot all the things that they had learned and applied in their lives! They fell into apostasy. It's so crazy that they were so quick to forget all the things that they had felt and seen!! 
In these days we need to be so careful to not fall into that in our own lives! It can really just sneak up on us and before we notice it, we're in our own little apostasy.
They way to avoid this is the same thing that one of my friends suggested in his letter this week. He said: "we must always focus on strengthening of testimony on faith, repentance, baptism, Receiving the gift of the holy ghost, and enduring to the end; through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. we do so by simple things that we must do daily, Reading the Scriptures and words of the prophets as well as praying. We must all so partake of the sacrament to feel the fulfilling cleansing power of the atonement. These things are so simple but powerful and are need for salvation."


I invite you all to apply the things that he said! 

I love you all!!


Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment