Luke is serving in the Argentina Buenos Aires West Mission.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Luke's Letter Dated 06-17-2013

Hello!!
So... I'm still in Utah. The consulate hasn't approved my visa yet. So I've still gotta wait a little while! I'll make the best of my time here though! We dropped off one of my companions, Elder Blotter, and a sister from our district, Sister Cleveland today. They're both going to Argentina. That was pretty hard. I'm gonna miss them both really bad! 

This past weekend absolutely rocked! On Friday evening we had a wedding for Jose and America. It was so cool, this has been a long time coming and they were super excited. Afterwards we had Cafe Rio. Which always rocks. On Saturday we had 4 baptisms. The first two were Susana, and Jose. Susana is the one who we helped quit smoking. She was so happy. I've never seen her smile like that before. She was baptized by her cousin. 

After her baptism we had Jose's baptism. He was baptized by Elder Verges,(who is about half his size) it was kinda funny to watch them as they were in the font.  Afterwards we had a lunch/ party. It was really cool. Then we went to Kaysville to see the baptism of two people that I got to help teach. They were 11 and 14 years old. I ended up giving the talk on baptism. I don't think I did too bad for winging it. (I learn my "winging it" skills from my mom.)  After that we had another party. We have a lot of parties in the Spanish ward. English wards are all doing it wrong. haha. 

On Sunday we had all the confirmations.  I was able to stand in the circle on all four of them. It was cool to see the changes in all of these people over a few short days. Their lives have been dramatically changed, all in one weekend. After the confirmation we were talking with Jose. He said when he went up there he was kinda nervous, a little sweaty, and scared. But he said that when Elder Pratt said the words "Receive the Holy Ghost." A calm, cool feeling came over him. He said it's like nothing he's ever felt. He couldn't describe how good it felt to him. This is the part that i love. Being able to watch people have their lives changed by the gospel, and by the Holy Ghost. 

I  love this work. I know it's true.


Love you all. I hope you're all doing well.

Love,
Elder Luke Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment