Luke is serving in the Argentina Buenos Aires West Mission.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Luke's Letter Dated 06/24/2013

Hola family and friends!
This week I got transferred to a different zone. I'm in glendale now. It's kinda weird to me to actually know the names of some of the areas up here. Because for the majority of my life the entire area between point of the mountain and lagoon, I've known just as Salt Lake. But My address is          

815 S 600 E #4
Salt Lake City, UT 84102

I would love to hear from you all!  
My new companion is Elder Hazlett. He's from Moab. He's absolutely awesome! He's like really chill and fun. We're both Visa-Waiters. It's really kinda fun to work on our Spanish together. We both decided that by the time we get to Argentina we'll both be fluent in Spanglish. 
One of our first days together we were sitting on this guys front porch having a lesson with him and the phone rang. Elder Hazlett stepped away to answer it, then came back and gave the phone to me. I answered and our AP Elder Woodland said "hey I have someone here who wants to talk to you." So this other person got on and I was talking to him for a minute before I realized who it was. It was my cousin Kelly!!!!! He had served in Elder Woodland's home ward and came here to visit him. It was so sweet  to talk to him. Jeff was there too and I got to talk to him for a little while! I was so surprised and excited!

The other day one of the Zone Leaders was sick, so we went on exchanges with them so they wouldn't have to miss their appointments. As I got into their car I saw a little box sitting on the floor. It looked like it had been there for a while, and whatever was inside was leaking out. It had like a bunch of grease spots on the outside. As I picked it up, I looked at the name. It said Elder Luke Morgan. I looked at the return address and it said "Motherbird" I then looked at the postmark. It said March 25, 2013. Turns out it was a candy bar letter that my mom had sent me like the day I left the MTC. I opened it up, and most of the chocolate had exploded and was melted. It was still pretty cool though. Thanks Mom!

We're hoping that as soon as we get our visas we'll just take off and get down to Argentina. With the changes in Mission Presidents coming this week I think they'll want to get us there asap.

Thank you for all the prayers. They really help. 
I love you all.
Elder Luke Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment