Luke is serving in the Argentina Buenos Aires West Mission.

Monday, April 22, 2013

Letter from Luke dated 04-22-13

Hey!
So this week has gone by so fast! On tuesday we had a referral competition which was really fun, and we got a bunch of referrals. Even a few Golden ones. On thursday we went to Temple Square with a family. It was a really awesome experience! We watched the "God's Plan For Families" Presentation. Not gonna lie, I cried a little at the end. But this family really enjoyed the experience, and they are really coming to love the church! On friday night we went on splits with the Assistants to the President. My companion and I were down in the Young Single Adult area in Salt Lake. We didn't know that we were going to temple square, so we didn't bring our suits. So we both felt like super out of place just wearing the white shirts! But it was still good! Then we went to a YSA comedy night. The comedians were awesome! One of them had his bishop there, which was absolutely hilarious! We have a couple people who should be getting Baptized next week! I'm really excited for them! 
One thing I learned this week is that if I just make my mind shut up, and really focus on listening to the person we're teaching, the words to say can be given to me. It says many times in the scriptures that the words will be given to you in the very moment. I have a testimony of that! It's so cool to see the spirit work on people through me, and through other missionaries.
Sorry for the short letter. The computers weren't working. So I didn't have too much time today!
I Love You All!!
Elder Luke Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment