Luke is serving in the Argentina Buenos Aires West Mission.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Luke's Letter Dated 04-15-2013

Hey everyone!

So this week has been pretty sweet! Last Tuesday we went down to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building to meet with the Argentine consulate. The consul from Argentina spent about half an hour talking about the country, culture, customs, and answering questions. I learned a lot about Argentina, which was really good!  Then he called us up one by one, looked over our paperwork with our fingerprints and everything, had us sign the application, then he signed it. A little uneventful, but not too bad! He said that it should be about 6 more weeks before we get our visas. There's about 20 of us here in this mission waiting to go to Argentina, so we're all really excited about all this!

The rest of the week went pretty good! We have split our area up between four of us, but only one my companion and I have the car. So the other two elders have the area close to our house, which is where the concentration of the hispanic community is up here, And we have all of farmington, fruit heights, and most of kaysville. As you could imagine, there's not too many hispanic people all through these areas, so we're working hard trying to find people!

Elder Thevenin and I taught the Elders  quorum in a ward in Kaysville. With the talks given in General Conference a lot of people have been getting excited about Missionary work. So we just taught them about how members can help with the work. Working here in Utah is an interesting experience. There's 200 missionaries in this mission, and 300,000 members. Which makes the work of finding really fall upon the members. I really look forward to using my experiences in how the members can help the work when I get to Argentina.  

As far as investigators, we have a couple families that we're working with. Two of them have marriage that they need to get taken care of before they can be baptized. One is working on citizenship papers, and the other needs to get their divorces finalized before they can be married. We're working with a few other people, getting them ready for baptism. I'm loving all this! I get to play a part in the lord changing people's lives! 

I got to go to the Salt Lake Temple today!!! This was my first time going through a session there. What an awesome experience!! I really love going to the temple! It always makes me feel so peaceful and good!

I love you all!! Thank you for everything you all do for me!

--Elder Luke Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment