Luke is serving in the Argentina Buenos Aires West Mission.

Monday, August 26, 2013

Luke's Letter Dated August 26, 2013

Not a bad week over all! It was pretty good! We had a meeting up in bountiful for the trainers/trainees. I guess i'm kinda a trainer this transfer. It's pretty fun! 

But anyways the meeting. President Hansen gave a training. And in my mind, I compared almost everything he said to the air fuel ratio in a carburetor. (Dent would be so proud of me!)  

A few days ago I had a first on my mission. I met my first transsexual. Sketch. haha. We knocked on this door of a guy that we had taught before. And Omar opened the door. We couldn't figure out what gender he was. It was a little sketchy. ha ha. But funny! He wasn't really too open to the gospel... 

We had interviews with the president this week. That was exactly what i needed! He is so good at lifting you up and getting you going! 

Got in a fight with one of my companions. We didn't see eye to eye on a couple things. So it ended up in us yelling at each other on the side of my house. It was really kinda funny. But we kinda reached a compromise and we're good now. 

So now for the missionary stuff. There's this lady named sister Ibanez. She's a baptized member. But her husband isn't. He's catholic. So she's torn between the LDS church. And the catholic church. After coming by and teaching her a few times, reading with her family and getting to know them. She told us that she had talked to her husband, and she wasn't going to be able to come to our church. She was heartbroken. She had to choose between her husband and her church. So we told her that we weren't going to be able to come by as much. We stopped by just last night and she was eating some pizza with the whole family. We came in, ate some pizza, and watched a bible video with them. The video was he is risen. We then testified of Jesus Christ. Said a prayer, and left. It was super powerful!! 

We also have a 75 year old couple named Viate and Genaro. Viate is in a wheelchair, and Genaro is an old cowboy. And an alcoholic. She's on date to be baptized on the 7th of september. She's really excited. They showed up to church yesterday. We had to walk with them from their house. He walked in the chapel, knelt down, and crossed himself. I don't blame him, he doesn't know any better. But it was kinda funny! He also reeked of beer. They both really enjoyed church though! 
So I need help with him. He says he wants to quit drinking. How can I help him do that?? 

Also. My companions and I are going to be fasting for my visa this upcoming fast sunday. I would love it if you would help me out with that! 

I love ya all!

Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment