Luke is serving in the Argentina Buenos Aires West Mission.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Luke's Letter Dated January 13, 2014

Hola a todos!!!!

This week flew by like crazy!! Time really is flying. Nothing too exciting happened this week, so I decided to talk about something a little different. 

In my house we live with two other Elders. Elder Streadbeck and Elder Paredes. They are the zone leaders for our zone. They have been tearing it up working with their recent converts to baptize the whole family. Recently they baptized 9 kids, anywhere from 8-12 years old. While many could look at this as something easy or even something "trucho" I got a different view of this situation the other day. 

I got to go to the area where these kids live, and most of them live with absolutely nothing. Some of them don't have parents and just live with those who will take them in. Most of them were on a direct course to nowhere. To a life of drugs, broken relationships, sorrow and pain. It was then that I realized what was happening with all these kids. As I was walking down the street with Elder Streadbeck I realized that he wasn't just baptizing kids. He wasn't just making more people members of he church. He is saving the lives of these young men. 

As I watched many of them pass the sacrament, and some of them enter the temple I realized that nothing can have a bigger influence on their lives than what is happening right now. 

I read in Preach My Gospel this morning something that Elder Oaks said. He said that we don't do missionary work for any reason but to "open the doors of the celestial kingdom." He goes on to finish with the declaration "Noobody else can do this!" 

I am filled with pride to be able to see and participate in this work of saving lives and helping people attain their eternal salvation. There is no greater thing on earth. There is no better cause, nor truer work.

I love you all. Have a great week!!

Elder Morgan

 We took all these kids on their bikes to play soccer. We had to ride with them like 3 or 4 miles. 


We got to go to the temple as a branch the other day. I love that place!

No comments:

Post a Comment