Luke is serving in the Argentina Buenos Aires West Mission.

Monday, November 10, 2014

Luke's Letter Dated November 3, 2014

Well this week in Argentina has been really really wet. We have had rain every day since tuesday. We go out in the rain just the same as any other day, so as you can imagine, we get really really wet. On one edge of our area we have a river. The water in this river is usually about 20 feet down from the banks. Well this morning the water was about 6 inches from the banks. I have pictures that I'll try to send. 
This morning we went to help some members, Marcelo and Marcela, get all their stuff out of their house before the river came up over the banks and flooded everything even worse. It was really humbling to see them have to pick and choose the things that they wanted to keep. It was really cool to see that their daughter packed up the pictures of her baptism and her scriptures very first thing even though she doesn't really go to church anymore. 

Last week we had the chance to sit down and talk with Marcelo and Marcela. They changed a whole lot before their baptism. Something that Marcelo said really kinda hit me. He used to like to drink a whole lot. Now he says that what he likes to do is eat ice cream. Then he told us why. He said, "I can go to the store and buy a couple Ice creams to share with my son. I couldn't do that with my beer. I was just being selfish. But now I realize that the best things in life are the things that I can share with my son." That is some really really wise counsel. I love seeing the gospel change the lives of all kinds of people! 

I love you all!! 

Elder Morgan


No comments:

Post a Comment