Luke is serving in the Argentina Buenos Aires West Mission.

Monday, March 4, 2013

Letter From Luke Dated February 22, 2013

Luke wrote,

So i've been in like 7 days now. and it feels like 7 months. I don't know why it feels so long. But it just does for some reason. My first investigator's name was Marley. However, she turned out to be one of my teachers. So it was kinda weird. The best lessons i taught were complete tangents from where we planned to go, primarily guided by the spirit. Pretty cool. So I was reading in 2 nephi 25 or 26, i cant remember which one. And it just hit me how accurately Nephi prophesied the coming of the lord, how his life would go, how he would die, and when he would come over to the americas. That's pretty cool!

So on wednesday i was able to watch people get dropped off by their families. It was a little bittersweet. When you dropped me off, it was so surreal that that would be the last time i see you for two years. Crazy. But i'm loving this place, My district is awesome! We have 6 elders y 6 Hermanas. We're all so spirited and have a great time, and work really really hard. It's pretty fun.
 

Send food and candy. haha. 

So ties are like currency here. Every night we have tie trades, and it gets pretty crazy. Ugly ties and paisley ties are the biggest items. haha

Send letters.Dearelder.com is the way to go from what everyone says. I can only get email once a week, but letters come every day.
Love,

Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment