Luke is serving in the Argentina Buenos Aires West Mission.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Letter from Luke Dated 07/29/2013

Hola!

This week, with the 24th was a little crazy! We got to go to the parade, but we had a referral contest. The zone with the most referrals got to go to the temple with the mission president, and the Temple President. Pretty cool! 

We didn't win. In fact we lost. By a ton. haha But we did have fun watching the parade. It was funny that when everyone in the crowd was like yelling and saying hi to people. 

The people in the parade, Including the Sheriff, the Mayor, the Governor, and President Uchtdorf were all yelling at us and saying "Thanks for all you do Elders!" (That didn't make the anti's around us too happy.) But that was really fun! And 

I also got to see my sisters, Hermana Walker, and Hermana Nielsen. They're visa waiters too. There's us three, and Hermana Bangerter still waiting from our district. We're all going to the same mission too! We're all really really anxious to get down there! 

Afterwards we were walking back home, and we passed Sister Hosea's house. She invited us inside for some otai. It's a tongan drink that is made from watermelon, pineapple, apples, mango, and every other kind of delicious fruit. And it has bits and pieces of all the fruit still in it. SOOOO GOOD!!! It's pretty much the best thing I've ever tasted! She had it made in a big cooler. Like a really big cooler. She said that that was the second batch she made that day. And It was almost gone too! 

We had interviews with the president again on Thursday. So that took most of our day! 

Then on Friday I had to go with the zone leaders, because one of them had food poisoning. So he couldn't eat dinner. So I went to his dinner for him! 

Transfers is this week. I dunno if i'll be staying here or leaving. I hope I stay here. I really hope I stay here! I think I've kinda made it clear to the president that the best thing for me would be to stay here! So we'll see what happens.

Love you all!! 
Elder Luke Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment