Luke is serving in the Argentina Buenos Aires West Mission.

Friday, August 3, 2012

got 2 letters
1st letter: Hey mom Just at church I got a military Bof M and a tag saying if I get hurt to get an LDS chaplain or a member so I can have a blessing.
This is the end of week one! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Even the shark attack wasn't bad!
So, Please get my address out on facebook and tell my friends to write, I would really really like that.  The letters help keep us going here.  Also send pictures and tell my friends and family to send pictures.  Ive got a strong support base here.  We're all pretty tight.
ps. they should send a picture with this.  The picture is proof that even basic training soldiers can smile.
he did send a picture I will get it uploaded soon as I figure out how.
2nd letter:
things are going awesome! this whole basic training thing isn't near as hard as I thought it would be. I've already learned a lot and done some cool things.  I shot a grenade launcher at a tank yesterday.  Yes, I'm just that cool.
I asked him for a break down of his address:
pfc morgan (him)
d=delta company 3-10 INF BN( not VN as I thought)=the 3-10 infantry batallion, 3rd PLT=3rd platoon
495 Iowa ave=where it is, ft leonard wood=fort lost in the woods, MO=misery or crap hole
also got a letter from his branch pres telling about the branch and times etc.  It also gave a web address for the fort www.wood.army.mil  if you go there you can find info about graduation, family day, fort activities etc. recieved another letter from the military relations dept of the church..  it assured me that they have a deep and abiding interest in Luke's welfare and along with his family are very proud of his willingness to serve

No comments:

Post a Comment